Media Voices for Children
Meet the Team
Arrange a Speaking Engagement
Films Fighting Child Labor
The Child Labor Coalition
100 Million March
“The way to ensure children’s well-being is through a holistic, multi-dimensional approach of prevention, protection and policy. Building global awareness around how children are exploited is the single most effective way to prevent them from being exploited in the first place. ”
— KAILASH SATYARTHI, 2014 NOBEL PEACE PRIZE LAUREATE
For the past 35 years, Kailash Satyarthi has worked tirelessly to fight the prevalence of child laborers globally and increase the number of children enrolled in school. His efforts have lead to the establishment of three rehabilitation centers in India, and the rescue of over 8o,000 children from slavery.
In 1998, Kailash lead the first Global March Against Child Labor. The campaign, which took place over five continents with over 7.3 million marchers, led to the adoption of the ILO Convention 182 on the worst forms of child labor in 1999, and added massive fuel to the global push for children’s rights. Since 1998, there has been a reduction in child labor from 250 million to 168 million.
Of those 168 million, 85 million are engaged in hazardous work, 5.5 million are enslaved and, every year, 1.2 million are trafficked. Another 124 million children are out of school. Furthermore, the majority of children most vulnerable to exploitation come from the most impoverished communities in the world. There is still an enormous lack of awareness in the public and among governments, there is still tremendous work to be done. In a 2013 survey of over 1,000 Americans, conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs, only 1 percent estimated the number of child laborers to be as high as it actually is: over 150 million. 73% of survey respondents said there were fewer than 1 million.
In response to this lack of global outrage, Kailash is launching the 100 Million for 100 Million Campaign, a global campaign focused on engaging and mobilizing youth citizens in pursuit of justice for children around the world. Partners will include organizations, individuals and communities around the world, united in solidarity to fight child labor and exploitation.
The campaign advocates for over 100 million children who have been forced into labor and denied their education. On “Back to School Day,” the 18th of October 2017, parliamentarians across the world will be invited to visit the schools and communities where they grew up. Bringing these leaders back to schools is a powerful opportunity to secure their support in building a world where every child is free to experience education.
100 Million for 100 Million Campaign Current Affairs
President Pranab Mukherjee launches 100 Million for 100 Million Campaign
President Pranab Mukherjee launched a ‘100 Million for 100 Million’ Campaign at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The campaign was conceptualized by Nobel peace prize winner Kailash Satyarthi and was organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation.
- The campaign aims to mobilise 100 million youth and children for 100 million underprivileged children across the world.
- Its prime objective is to end child labour, child slavery, violence against children over the next 5 years.
- It also seeks to promote the right of every child to be safe, free, and educated.
- It will strive to inspire 100 million children to speak and act for the numerous other unfortunate children living in terrible conditions to build a child-friendly world.
Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit
- The launch of the campaign also brought curtains to the two-day ‘Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit’ held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- This summit had brought together collective leadership of around 25 Nobel laureates and leaders on a single platform for creating a child-friendly world.
- It even had channelized world leaders, thinkers, representatives of UN, award winning youth/child leaders and eminent persons from academia, business, cinema, sports and civil society.
Month: Current Affairs – December, 2016 Categories: India Current Affairs 2018
Tags: 100 Million for 100 Million Campaign • Child Labour • Events • Kailash Satyarthi • National • Pranab Mukherjee • President
Current Affairs 2018
- Current Affairs – November, 2018 | हिन्दी में
- Current Affairs – Oct, 2018 | हिन्दी में
- Current Affairs – September, 2018
- Current Affairs – August, 2018
- Current Affairs – July, 2018
- Current Affairs – June, 2018
- Current Affairs – May 2018
- Current Affairs – April 2018
- Current Affairs – March 2018 | हिन्दी में
- Current Affairs – February 2018
- Current Affairs – January 2018
- Archives: 2013-2017
- Current Affairs – PDF Ebooks
Current Affairs 2018
- National Current Affairs
- States Current Affairs
- International Affairs
- Economy & Banking
- Science & Techonlogy
- Environment Current Affairs
- Bills & Acts in Current Affairs
- Defence Current Affairs
- Persons in News
- Places in News
- Awards & Honours
- Sports Current Affairs
- Art & Culture in Current Affairs
- Government Schemes
- CA Category PDF E-Books
UPSC Exams. Section
UPSC CSE /IFoS Prelims Examination
- Daily UPSC Prelims Quiz
- UPSC Prelims Test Series – 2019
Static GK for SSC / PCS Section
[For SSC • Banking • CLAT • Railways • States etc.]
- Static GK Questions [Quiz 1-700]
- Static GK Questions – MCQ Quiz
- Static GK MCQs PDF E-Books for SSC / PCS
Banking Exams Section
[For RBI • NABARD • SBI • IBPS • Bank PO & Clerical etc.]
- Banking Awareness
- Computer Awareness
- Marketing Aptitude
- Economic & Social Issues [RBI/NABARD]
- Finance & Management [RBI/NABARD]
- दैनिक करेंट अफेयर्स प्रश्नोत्तरी
- करेंट अफेयर्स – समाचार सारांश
- हिन्दी करेंट अफेयर्स क्विज विडियो
Government Job Alerts
Subscription & Social Media
© Copyright 2009-2017 GKToday | All Rights Reserved | About Us | Terms & Condition, Disclaimer | Contact Us || ‘यतो धर्मस्ततो जयः’ ||