University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
This article includes a list of references , but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations . Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations. (February 2016) ( Learn how and when to remove this template message )
Motto in English
|University with a purpose|
|Type||State Public-Private University |
|Chancellor||Dr. S J Chopra|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Deependra Kumar Jha|
|Location|| Bidholi , Via Prem Nagar, Dehradun , Uttarakhand , India|
30°24′57.38″N 77°58′1.24″E / 30.4159389°N 77.9670111°E Coordinates : 30°24′57.38″N 77°58′1.24″E / 30.4159389°N 77.9670111°E
|Campus||Suburban ,42 acres (1,800,000 sq ft)|
|Affiliations||UGC , NAAC , DSIR , IGNOU , AIU , IAU , BCI |
The University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES) is an Indian University located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand known traditionally for its education and research in fields of energy & power . The University has been expanding its offerings in the sectors like Information Technology, Transportation, Public Policy, Design, Architecture, Business and Legal Studies.
UPES Dehradun, Established in 2003, UPES is a leading multi-disciplinary university with campuses in the North Indian state of Uttarakhand. UPES gives its students a competitive advantage through strategic industry partnerships that transforms them into employable, agile, future-ready professionals. Given its industry-oriented programs and emphasis on holistic development, UPES graduates are a preferred choice for recruiters employers, ensuring a track record of 90% + placements over the last few years. UPES is committed to develop future leaders for diverse high-growth sectors in India and globally. 
- 1 Campus
- 1.1 Location
- 2 Cultural and non-academic activities
- 2.1 Uurja
- 2.2 Ignite
- 2.3 Jigyasa
- 2.4 UPES SPE Fest
- 2.5 Gems Instrublitz
- 2.6 Kalakriti
- 3 Schools
- 3.1 School of Engineering (SoE)
- 3.2 School of Business (SoB)
- 3.3 School of Law (SoL)
- 3.4 School Of Design Studies (SoD)
- 3.5 School of Computer Science (SoCS)
- 4 Centre for Continuing Education(CCE)
- 5 Admissions
- 6 Awards and Achievements
- 7 Notable Alumni
- 8 See also
- 9 References
- 10 External links
Campus[ edit ]
There is no campus named upes. 
Location[ edit ]
The campus is located in Dehradun
It is well connected and in proximity to popular Himalayan tourist destinations such as Mussoorie , Nainital , Auli and the Hindu holy cities of Haridwar and Rishikesh along with the Himalayan pilgrimage circuit of Char Dham . 
Cultural and non-academic activities[ edit ]
Cultural activities like dramatics , Speaking, Literary Arts, Music and Fine Arts also mark an important feature in the life of a student of UPES . Student activities have been distributed into three broad categories, technical, cultural and sports.
Uurja[ edit ]
The annual youth festival Uurja is held in the month of October. The most attractive feature of this 2-day event are the competitions, games and musical concerts. 
Ignite[ edit ]
Ignite is the Annual Techno-Legal-Management festival, IGNITE aims at building a platform to bring students of all domains under a single umbrella to work together, learn together and grow together, IGNITE is first Techno-Legal-Management festival in India.
Jigyasa[ edit ]
Jigyasa is the Annual fest organised by UPES FIPI Student Chapter(formally UPES Petrotech SC). It is the oldest FIPI student chapter in India operating since 2007 in UPES. It consists of various events covering paper and poster presentation, guest lectures from Industry experts. It provides platform to showcase one’s knowledge and potential in Oil and Gas Industry.
UPES SPE Fest[ edit ]
UPES SPE Fest is held in month of February every year since 2010 and is India’s largest Student Organized-Petroleum Engineering Fest under Society of Petroleum Engineers . It comprises various events such as competitions, exhibits and talks from guest speakers which aims to provide a common platform for mutual sharing of knowledge, experience and to strengthen the bonds between the students and Oil and Gas Industry.
Gems Instrublitz[ edit ]
GEMS team of UPES organized an instrumental competition- ‘GEMS INSTRU-BLITZ’ for the students on campus. Students enthralled the audience by playing wonderful tunes on Guitar (Acoustic & electric), Tabla and Keyboard. The event was sponsored by Resizone residency, USP and Mark industries. Mr. Vivek Aggarwal from Resizone group and Mr. Rahul Bhatnagar from USP were the guests of honor. The event was judged by Mr. Gaurav Dimang, a well-known vocalist from Dehradun and Ms. Namita Molasi, Head of the music Dept. at Raja Ram Mohan Roy Academy.
Kalakriti[ edit ]
“Kalakriti”- Your strokes, their smiles, was the event organized on Campus. The event is organized by UPES GOOGLE HUB. It focused on a creative way of spreading awareness about Google and its products with the fun of chart painting competition. This event had a massive participation of 75 teams from the various courses of College of engineering Studies, College of management Studies and College of Legal Studies.
Schools[ edit ]
UPES has 5 schools and a Center in the campus. The university offers over 100 undergraduate and postgraduate programs. 
UPES is the one of the first university of India to provide UG, PG and PhD programs in the core sectors of petroleum and energy .
School of Engineering (SoE)[ edit ]
SoE offers B.Tech., M.Tech. and Ph.D. programs across a wide spectrum of specialization areas.
These include Petroleum Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Petroleum Exploration , Energy Systems , Geoinformatics Engineering, Geo-Science Engineering, Automotive Design Engineering , Mining engineering , Instrumentation & Process Control, Aerospace Engineering , Disaster Management , Mechatronics Engineering , Robotics, Nanotechnology , Fire Safety Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Industrial Engineering, and several others.
The SoE has the following Departments:
- Department of Petroleum Engineering and Earth Sciences
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Aerospace Engineering
- Department of Nuclear Science Technology
- Department of Health, Safety and Environment
- Department of Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Department of Civil Engineering
School of Business (SoB)[ edit ]
SoB is situated at Kandoli Campus of UPES which offers BBA, MBA & Ph.D. programs in varied domains such as Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Power, Infrastructure, Transportation & Logistics, Aviation, Information Technology, Information Systems and International Business.It allows the students to understand sector specific business and economic concepts; empowering them with management and leadership skills. 
SoB has following Departments.
- Department of Strategic Management
- Department of Accounting & Finance
- Department of Human Resource
- Department of QT, RM & Operations
- Department of Oil & Gas
- Department of Power & Infrastructure
- Department of Transportation
- Department of Economics & International Business
- Department of Information Systems Management
- Department of Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Department of Marketing Management
School of Law (SoL)[ edit ]
It offers basic and specialized law courses in Corporate Law, Energy Specialization, Taxation Laws and Technical courses like Intellectual Property Rights and Cyber Law and integrated and specialized programs which are the first of their kind in the South Asian region. These include BA LLB with specialization in Energy Laws, BBA LLB (Hons) Corporate Law and B.Com + LLB with specialization in Taxation Laws and B.Tech Energy Technology + LLB with specialization in Intellectual Property Rights and B. Tech Computer Science & Engineering with specialization in Cyber Laws. 
School Of Design Studies (SoD)[ edit ]
School of Design provides creative design courses that help students understand and master visual design aspects of transportation, industrial and product development and build a successful career in the industry of various choices. 
- Undergraduate programme
- Postgraduate Programmes(M.Des.)
- Transportation Design
- Industrial Design
- Product Design
- Interaction Design
School of Computer Science (SoCS)[ edit ]
The School of Computer Science offers B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering in association with IBM & XEBIA with specialization in:
- Cyber Security and Forensics
- Open Source and Open Standards
- Cloud Computing & Virtualization Technologies
- Mainframe Technology
- Oil & Gas Informatics
- Telecom Informatics
- E commerce, Retail & Automation
- IT Infrastructure
- Business Analytics and Optimization
- Banking, Financial Services and Insurance
- IT Security & Cyber Forensics
- Graphics and Gaming
- Mobile Application Development
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things and Smart Cities
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
Centre for Continuing Education(CCE)  [ edit ]
The Centre for Continuing Education (CCE) and Centre for Aviation Studies (CAS) offer Executive programs through distance learning mode for the work professionals.
Admissions  [ edit ]
- For B.Tech. /B.Des
- UPESEAT Entrance Exam (80% Seat distribution).
- Through Board Merit/ JEE Main (10% Seat distribution).
- Online Design Test after UPESEAT for B.Des applicants.
- For LLB (Hons.)
- UPES Law Studies Aptitude Test (UL-SAT) Board Merit / CLAT Merit / LSAT Merit.
- For MBA
- UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES-MET) / NMAT / CAT / MAT + Group Discussion & Interview.
- For M.Tech
- GATE/GRE Score(Bachelor’s degree in engineering stream with minimum 60% marks at Higher, Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) followed by technical interview.
- For M.Des
- Valid CEED score/UPESDAT score followed by personal interview along with presentation of work portfolio.
- For BBA
- Science / Commerce stream with minimum 50% marks at Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th).
Awards and Achievements[ edit ]
- GRIHA (National Green Building Rating System), four star rating awarded to UPES Campus by Honorable President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee , which makes it the only GRIHA rated University in India .
- ‘Best Academic-Industry Interface’ by DNA (a leading Indian media house) in 2018
- ‘University with Best Industry Academic Partnership’ by India Today TV-Higher Education Excellence Awards 2018
- ‘Best University for Placements and Employability’ by Times Now- National Education Excellence Award 2018
- Ranked amongst top 30 world’s best universities for oil, gas and petroleum engineering by CEO World Magazine (USA) in 2017
- Five stars for employbality and campus facilities and four stars for teaching methodologies by globally acclaimed QS Ratings in 2016
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) accredited MBA programs (2017)
- Global winner of prestigious aerospace competition, CanSat 2017, held in Texas, USA.
- Only Indian university whose students were part of Poland Mars Analogue Simulation (PMAS) 2017
- Outstanding Petroleum University, 11th Annual World Oil Awards 2012 by World Oil Magazine and sponsored by Gulf Publishing Company at Houston , Texas USA .
- Green Campus Award, awarded at the World Education Submit 2013. 
- Best Innovative University Award 2013, awarded by Hon’ble Minister of Human Resources Development, Mr. M. M. Pallam Raju at ASSOCHAM.
- Best Global Education / Training Provider 2008, awarded by Getenergy at London , UK.
- Recognizing Leadership & Excellence: Outstanding Achievement Institution 2008.
- SAP ACE Award for Public Services 2012 
- Best Managed University Award 2013, presented by Competition Success Review.
Notable Alumni[ edit ]
- Simiti Maini – Scientist at Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and a member of MARS Orbiter Mission .
- Ajay Vishwath – Assistant Professor, Aeronautical Department, Parul University . 
See also[ edit ]
- University of Technology and Management
- Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- List of universities in India
- List of business schools in Asia
- University Grants Commission (India)
References[ edit ]
- ^ a b “UPES university recognized by University Grants Commission” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “UPES receives World Oil Awards 2012” .
- ^ “UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “UPES University-Dehradun – Uttarakhand” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “UURJA Annual Cultural Youth Festival – UPES University” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “IGNITE – Annual Techno Legal Management Fest in UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “University of Petroleum & Energy Studies::Programs Offered” . upes.ac.in. Retrieved 18 August 2011.
- ^ “Business Management College: Business School For MBA & Economics – UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “Law College: Best School For Legal Studies in India – UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “Design School: Best Design College, India – UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “IT Colleges: Information Technology School in India – UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ UPES. “CCE UPES Distance MBA, BBA and Online Certified Professionals Programs Online Distance MBA BBA Courses, Best Learning Programs in India- CCE UPES” . cce.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “Admission Criteria For Academic Year 2018-2019 – UPES” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “UPES BLOG -” . UPES BLOG.
- ^ “UPES University Dehradun – Awards & Accolades” . www.upes.ac.in.
- ^ “Faculty – Parul University” . www.paruluniversity.ac.in. Retrieved 2018-07-17.
External links[ edit ]
- Official website
- Universities in Uttarakhand
- Law schools in India
- Universities and colleges in Dehradun
- Science and technology in Dehradun
- Petroleum engineering schools
- Institutions of Petroleum in India
- Use dmy dates from July 2017
- Use Indian English from July 2017
- All Wikipedia articles written in Indian English
- Articles lacking in-text citations from February 2016
- All articles lacking in-text citations
- Coordinates on Wikidata
- This page was last edited on 23 October 2018, at 07:44 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view
filter your search all colleges exam news
- Upcoming Exams
- “IIT” in Colleges
- “CAT” in Exams
- “Cat Cutoff” in News
- “MBA Colleges” in Delhi/NCR
- “MCA Colleges” in Delhi/NCR
Home > Dehradun > University of Petroleum and Energy Studies – [UPES], Dehradun > News & Articles
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies – [UPES], Dehradun
Get Contact Details
Claim This College
- Cutoff – MAT
- Cutoff – CMAT
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Result 2019: Courses, Student login, Merit List, UPESEAT
University of Petroleum and Energy Sciences (UPES) offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses like B.Tech, BA, B.Arch, BBA, B.Design, M.Tech, MBA, M.Plan, M.Design, LLM, and other courses. Interested candidates can get admission upon clearing the Engineering Aptitude Test i.e. UPESEAT, conducted by the university. Candidates can register themselves for courses offered UPES by filling the application form.
The availability of application from starts from the third week of October 2017 and the last date to fill the application form is May 2019. The test result will be declared in the first week of June 2019. The UPES Engineering Aptitude Test comprises of 200 questions from different subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language Comprehension, and Current Affair Awareness. Candidates are advised to attempt all the questions because there is no negative marking. The time duration to complete the test is three hours.
Selection of candidates to the particular course is based on the marks secured by them in an entrance examination. The students who have not cleared the aptitude test will not take part in the admission process. After the successful completion of aptitude test, shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates marks.
UPES Results 2019 – How to check result
UPES is responsible for declaring the result on its official website. Students can check their result through online mode only by simply entering their application number, roll number or mobile number. Along with the result, candidates can also check their sectional marks secured by candidates in an entrance examination. Candidates can also check their overall and sectional ranks in the merit list.
The result will be declared in the first week of June 2019. According to the candidates result they will be promoted to next level of degree or course.
Candidates can check their examination result by following the below given steps:
- Candidates should open the official university website
- Then candidates have to search for the Results option present under the Notification section
- After that candidate have to enter their personal details like application number, roll number or mobile number
- Then click on “Submit” button
- After that particular candidates result will display on the candidate’s computer screen
- Candidates can download and take a printout of the result for their future use.
UPES DDE Results 2019
University also facilitates the candidates by providing various undergraduate and postgraduate distance education courses like BBA, MBA and other courses. The result of the distance education courses is also published on the university website. Students can download the distance education examination result though official website only. The notification regarding distance education examination publishes on the university website in the month of March 2018. Candidates should check the website on regular basis to get the latest updates.
Candidates can check their DDE Result from the below given steps:
- Open the UPES official website
- Then search for the Examination Result option under the Notification section present on the website homepage
- After clicking on the option candidates will be redirected to another page where link the distance examination result has been declared.
- Then students have to enter their personal details like registration number and password on the student’s result portal
- Then click on submit button
- After that Particular candidates result displayed on the computer screen
- Candidates can download and take a printout of the result for their future use.
UPES Academic Calendar 2019
University offers the semester course system which is further divided into two categories i.e. an odd semester and an even semester. Both the semester academic calendar will be uploaded separately on the official university website. Candidates can easily download their academic calendar through the university website.
Candidates can check and download their Academic Calendarby following the below given steps:
- Firstly, visit the university website
- Then students have to click on the “Students Area” tab present on the menu bar of the university website.
- After that click on the “ Academic Calendar ” option given under the Students Area section
- After clicking on the particular option calendar will appears in front of the candidate’s computer screen
- Candidates can view, save, and take a hard copy of the calendar for their future use.
UPES University Admit Card 2019
The university publishes the admit card only on its official website. Candidates are advised to check all the details carefully before appearing in an examination.
Following instructions help candidates to download their admit card:
- Candidates should open the university website
- Then search for the link Admit card present on the website homepage
- After clicking on the particular link candidates will be redirected to another page
- Now candidates have to enter their personal details like Login ID and password
- Then click on Submit button
- Now particular candidates result will be displayed on the candidate’s computer screen
- Candidates can download and take a printout of the admit card for their future use.
Last Updated – 23 Oct 2018
- share on facebook
- share on twitter
Related News & Articles
CLAT 2019 to be conducted offline, declares NLU Consortium
GATE Mathematics Preparation Tips
GATE MN: Mining Engineering Preparation Tips
Trending News & Articles
Barkatullah University (BU), Bhopal Result 2019: online results, notification, name wise results
Calicut University Result 2019: Online result, notification, revaluation
MJPRU Result 2019: Online Examination Form, Admit Card, Improvement form
No Comments To Show
NEAR BY COLLEGES
UPES Centre for Continuing Education – [UPES CCE], Dehradun distance education details 2018
INTERESTED IN THIS COLLEGE ?
Get free counselling
Follow & Share this college to get information about admission
Other Colleges In The Same Group
“A step ahead toward the”
The reason behind choosing UPES, and being a part of it was the specially designed domain oriented courses which the university offers in every stream and allows a student to work in their own choice of course Because choice matter a lot to develop interest.
SWITCH TO APP FOR
Get instant joining bonus
High paying offers
Refer friends to earn more
ENTER YOUR DETAILS
Please register to get more information
Already registered? Click Here to login