The document has moved here .
Jump to navigation
Jump to search
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page . ( Learn how and when to remove these template messages )
( Learn how and when to remove this template message )
He is a political figure from Karnataka. Named after the town he was born in, he is the Ex MLA of Chamarajnagar constituency. Nagaraj is the president of a pro-Kannada outfit, Kannada Chalavali Vatal Paksha   
In 1964 he led a two-month agitation demanding the destruction of a 150-year-old British Raj era cenotaph pillar marking the deaths of soldiers at the Siege of Bangalore in 1791. In October of that year the cenotaph was dismantled by the Bangalore City Corporation and a statue to Kempe Gowda now stands in its place. 
He protested in 2017 against the comments of a famous South Indian actor Sathyaraj made nine years ago during the Cauvery Protest by Tamil Nadu Actors Association against Karnataka created some tensions.   The protest was called off latter. In 2018 he started a new agitation in January 25 for water sharing from MAHADAYI river flowing from Goa  . Some political critiques question the authenticity of Vatal’s fight against Goa State for water sharing when he himself fight against Tamil Nadu government for Supreme court order to release water in Cauvery river.
References[ edit ]
- ^ “Vatal’s life to be an open book” . Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ “Vatal Nagaraj calls for bandh on October 4” . 12 September 2006. Archived from the original on 8 Nov 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2016 – via The Hindu.
- ^ “Vatal Nagaraj plays cupid on a chariot” . Archived from the original on 7 Jun 2014. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- ^ “Renaming the City” . Bangalore Mirror.
- ^ http://www.news18.com/news/movies/kannada-group-holds-protest-against-baahubali-actor-sathyaraj-1379037.html
- ^ Final Sathyaraj Apologises For His Anti-Kannada Remarks Over Cauvery Issue From 9 Years Ago http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2017/04/21/baahubali-sathyaraj-apologises-for-anti-kannada-remarks_a_22049097/
- ^ http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com/bangalore/others/for-mahadayi-water-2-bandhs-in-10-days/articleshow/62595119.cms
- Living people
- BLP articles lacking sources from April 2017
- All BLP articles lacking sources
- Wikipedia articles needing context from April 2017
- All Wikipedia articles needing context
- Wikipedia introduction cleanup from April 2017
- All pages needing cleanup
- Articles needing expert attention with no reason or talk parameter
- Articles needing expert attention from April 2017
- All articles needing expert attention
- Miscellaneous articles needing expert attention
- Articles with multiple maintenance issues
- This page was last edited on 6 June 2018, at 11:26 (UTC).
- Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License ;
- About Wikipedia
- Contact Wikipedia
- Cookie statement
- Mobile view